It's amazing how watching and/reading inspirational videos, articles, movies, etc. can get you up off your butt. Today's 1 Measly Mile was originally bound for failure from the get-go. It's another brisk and windy sort of day in south eastern Michigan, my jeep is "in the shop" for a few days and I'm stuck home with no way to get to the gym or my usual park for a run. All in all, I just wanted to head back to bed for some hibernation with a good book.
Then, I started tinkering around on the computer. I looked up articles on running, browsed through Pinterest some and eventually popped over to see what was up on YouTube. I decided to search "running motivation" and found plenty of videos to get me in the mood to stick my shoes under the radiator for a few hot seconds and go bundle up for a quick mile.
It was cold, but Lebowski was super giddy, dancing around with his leash in his mouth and I couldn't help but catch his enthusiasm. Warm shoes also make a WORLD of difference! Needless to say I got into the groove of it and accomplished 3 wonderful miles. It was even worth the 20 minutes of hacking and sniffling when I got home!
Maybe one day I'll be a beast!
Running Jam of the Day: One Record-Factor

No comments:
Post a Comment