But TODAY....today! Today is the day I ran my first 6 miler-hills included-with no pain and no walking! Now my biggest challenge is to keep progressing through the crappy Michigan winter months.....and, oh, how I hate the cold!!!
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Bouncing Back
Well, after 6 months of dealing with posterior tibial tendonitis and taking it easy, cautious and slow, today I am FINALLY able to accomplish a 6 mile run!!! To a lot of runners 6 miles is probably child's play. To me, it's the gateway to FINALLY accomplishing a half-marathon. It was actually my first 10k (6.2 miles) ever that put me on the injured list to begin with last June. I'll admit I was awfully under-trained for this race, and the first half of the race was a steep, uphill climb. Around mile 4 I had a sharp pain in my heel and was praying some hunky runner would carry me the rest of the way-but that never happens in real life. So, I gimped the last two miles and still managed to cross the finish line with a time of 1:02.....and the rest of my summer has been limited to the occasional 5k and LOTS of cycling to take a load off my foot...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment