Today was a typical November day in southern Michigan: Windy, cloudy, cold and crappy! Sad part is that it was 40 degrees out. A lot of runners endure worse, I know. I swear sometimes I was born in the wrong state, though!!! This year, since I'm blogging about it, you-my readers-are silently present to hold me accountable for my actions....or lack thereof. I'm determined to stick it out this time!!!
Really, though, it wasn't that bad once I got moving. It's just that first cold, creaky mile ya gotta live through to get warmed up. I can only imagine what I look like during that first mile, hobbling, wobbling, wheezing and being dragged by a 60lb, ecstatic yellow lab, but once the blood starts moving it's ALL good! In fact I managed another 6 miles! Now, I know the running season is winding down, but I'm really thinking of signing up another race this year. At the very least it'll be more incentive to keep me outside and NOT hiding under a pile of blankets until April. Further more, with great thanks to my Runner's World magazine for the super simple why-didn't-I-think-of-that idea, I plan on running at LEAST 1 mile a day for the rest of the year. Run through rain, wind, blizzards, colds, flu, hangover, whatever! Just as long as I make sure 1 measly little mile get's done!
Well, I'm going to start searching for races. This is my favorite saying for both motorcycles and running: Keep the rubber side down!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment