Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Frosty Paws

For as ugly as the weather was yesterday, today turned out wonderful! Cold....but wonderful! Sunshine and last nights dusting of snow all over what's left of the fall colors.  At 26 degrees, my run started out kind of rough, but after about the second mile I was distracted by the beautiful day around me and kept on going for 5 more miles and of course the dog didn't mind. I wandered back through the trail I found the other day leading to the old campsite and got quite a few lovely pictures.  
What I wish I had gotten pictures-or a video- of was the dog's reaction to the first snow of the season once I let him off the leash in the yard.  I don't believe that there is any joy parallel to that of a dog or a child running, rolling, playing in the snow!
Now, it's time to head off to the store and contemplate investing in a new pair of purple sneakers.  Lebowski's happiness may playing in snow, but my happiness is a new pair o' sneakers! ;)

Running Song Of The Day:  It's Time-Imagine Dragons
                                         Frosty Paws






No comments:

Post a Comment