The new besties!
Today was a lazy gym day. I did some free-weights and such. It definitely bored me to death, but I know it's necessary. Can't run 3-6 miles everyday, right? I did complete my 1 Measly Mile, though. I didn't skip out on that!!
I know a person or two who is curious as to how you go about becoming a runner. It's not as hard as it sounds. When it comes to endurance and distance, it's all a matter of gradually (at your own pace) challenging yourself to go just a little bit further every time your body adjusts to your current level of fitness.
Shoes also count!!! TRUST ME!!!!! Shoes can either make or break a person! If you don't have the right shoes for your feet, you could end up injured and angry on the sidelines. I have personally experienced this. When I first started running, I went for whatever shoe was cheapest. Let me tell you, those cheap shoes are not generally designed with any science or research towards a runners needs! I've ended up with Morton's Neuroma, posterior tibial tendinitis, planters fasciatis and peroneal tendinitis. All these injuries can directly or indirectly be traced back to running in the wrong shoes! I'm not saying go out and just buy whatever $100 pair of running shoes-I'm saying look up a running specialty store near you and get yourself fitted for shoes that best fit your needs. The shoes will probably run about $100-ish dollars, but they will keep you running happy and running far!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment