Wednesday, November 27, 2013

No Wheels-Just Rubber

Going on day 6 of my Jeep being in the garage and I miss the independence.  Sure, I'm free to take the truck once the hubby gets home from work in the evening-but by then it's too dark to get a good run in the park.  The past two days I've managed to run another 3 miles (minus the snot, even!) around the neighborhood, but I miss my trees and trails!  Luckily, the part we've been waiting on-which happens to be smaller than my pinkie nail-finally came via UPS and my awesome husband is in the works to repair it as we speak.  Hopefully, I'll be mobile and park-bound soon enough.

So, tomorrow is the big T day to kick off the holidays and kick everyones waistline all to Hell. I've been unofficially participating in an early start to my Holiday Running Streak for the past few weeks, but as of tomorrow IT'S ON!  Tomorrow morning, while everyone else is recovering from a ridiculous bar night or a night of dealing with unruly, excited kids, I will be up and out early to begin my 1 Measly Mile running streak that will last until January 1st.  No excuses.  I've already gotten my annual week of cold, flu and yuck out of the way.  I expect at least 1 Measly Mile ran outdoors or at the gym track (no "dreadmill" treadmill) every day.  I'm pretty excited.  It's a commitment to keep healthy, be mindful of what I do or do not choose to eat and get fresh air everyday.  It's also an excuse to be selfish and do what I love to do and side-step any holiday weight gain-and making New Years resolutions.

Anywho, I have to wrap this up.  Having gotten the hubby sick, I have a crock pot of chicken noodle soup to tend to and also a spinach and artichoke dip recipe to hunt down for tomorrows holiday pig out fest.  Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow with lots of good food and family!!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment