Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  Today I'm thankful I was able to roll my ass out of bed, make some coffee and look at the snow falling outside.  It's a beautiful sight-enough to get me psyched for a run.

Luckily, I prepped for this run last night.  I left my running clothes in the dryer so I could warm them up while my coffee was brewing, and stuck my running shoes under the radiator in the kitchen.  By the time I was fully dressed for the run, I was already sweating and eager to get outside.

My little end of town was empty.  Hardly a car on the road. Between that and the extra silence that the snow seems to bring, I felt as though Lebowski and I had the world to ourselves.


At one point in our run, we crossed over the freeway.  Obviously, no salt truck have been out yet.  Traffic was already gridlocked with cars in ditches.  Seconds after taking a picture I watched another car go skating into the median!


Well, there's a way to start your holiday.  Hopefully, nobody was seriously injured and required nothing more than a quick tug back onto concrete!!!!

Well, after observing first hand how slippery the roads really were, I decidedly finished my run on sidewalks only and headed back in to start some holiday cooking and prep for our journey over the river and through the woods.
Be careful, everyone and have a safe and festive Thanksgiving!!






No comments:

Post a Comment