It's a beautiful, sunny day in southeastern Michigan. A little chilly, but just enough to wake you up. In the park I usually run in, there's a trail that's closed to the public. I've been eyeballing it all summer. I'm usually a good little runner and respect that road blocks are put up for a reason-but today I just could not abide! Under and over the fence my dog and I went!
I know! I know! It could have been a dangerous situation: A woman by herself out in the woods where no one can hear her (My mothers voice was lecturing me the whole time, trust me!), but since I was in a relatively suburban to rural area I decided to take my chances.
The path way was beautiful with all the autumn leaves. There were quite a few hills and I'll probably be sore from them later, but I have no regrets. Long story made short, the trail led to an old campground now used for picnic table storage. Nothing crazy. No misadventures or spooky stories for Halloween. Sometimes it's rewarding to venture off the beaten path. It might not always be legal or advisable....but it'll usually be fun-assuming you're being careful, of course!
A couple pictures from my mini-adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment